1931

Christies started as a mens tailors with a barbers upstairs owned by Mr Marshall. It was called Marshalls and was based in Walton-on-Thames high street.

1973

Mr Marshall sells Marshalls barbers to John Christie, he renames the business Christies.

1975

After working in salons in Central London as well as 2 years on the QE2, John Gunner buys Christies barbers from John Christie for the amount of £2500. Over the years he expands the business into ladies hairdressing working with Redken, Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent. The salon had 2 stylists, 1 junior and 2 cats called Ginge and JR.

1989

Christies moves to its first Addlestone shop at 155a Station Road. A small salon with 4 styling stations.

1992

Christies moves location to next door at 155 Station Road. The salon had 7 stylists and worked with Kerastasse.

2003

Christies moves up the road to 58 Station Road.

2015

Due to the new Addlestone development, 58 Station Road get demolished and we move to a larger salon at 92b Station Road.

The salon has 14 styling stations, 2 beauty rooms and a sunbed and has 15 members of staff working across the salon. We now work with AVEDA and L’Oreal Professional.